Seven rules for healthy eating
Today I’m coming at you with some practical info that you can implement right away for better health.
So, without further ado, here are my seven rules for healthy eating:
1. Firstly, drink water! Half of your body weight in ounces per day is your absolute minimum! I also suggest drinking a full glass of water prior to each meal to prevent over-eating in addition to drinking a glass or two as soon as you wake up.
If you exercise in the morning, getting in most of your water should be easier.
2. Secondly, focus on eating mostly proteins, vegetables, good fats, some fruit, and good-quality starches (like potatoes of any kind) For example, I personally like sweet potatoes the best. Keep sugar to a minimum!
3. Thirdly, never eat in a hurry. Also, don’t go grocery shopping when you’re hungry! Do your best to always eat slowly and in a relaxed state.
4. Never eat until you’re stuffed – stopping when you feel 80% full is key! For instance, most meals should take 15-20 minutes to finish. Pick up and put your utensils down after each bite.
5. Choose high-quality organic foods anytime possible. Most of your fruits and vegetables that usually have pesticides on them like berries, you definitely want to buy organic.
6. Eat only when you’re actually physically hungry, not because it’s “meal time.” That is to say, get in tune w/ your body and the signs it gives you.
7. Supplement your diet with high-quality products. For example we recommend Shaklee nutritional products: https://pws.shaklee.com/movewellfit
In conclusion, there you have it, our seven rules for healthy eating! Hopefully they aren’t too challenging for you and perhaps you are already doing most of them.
Which of these do you do well?
Where is there room for improvement?
Let me know!