Smarter, Not Harder
No doubt you’ve heard this phrase before because it’s relevant and powerful in every area of life: “Work smarter not harder.”
You wouldn’t work more hours for the same amount of money, so why would you workout longer in a way that produces a lesser result? The key is smarter, not harder!
As a fitness professional for the past 20 years, I’ve seen it over and over again in a gym: the cardio machine people head to their machine of choice for 45 minutes to an hour. The upper body people do their same curls and bench press routine. Yogis go to yoga.
All of this is fine. There’s no judgement here. But if the goal is a combination of weight loss, health and a confident body, there’s a better way. Yes, there is believe it or not!
Traditional workouts tend to take 60-90 minutes to get through all parts of a circuit including cardio or something like a yoga class. I believe ALL forms of fitness, like yoga, are totally viable and should certainly be incorporated.
However, if the goal is what’s listed above, you should try our 30 minute semi-private training programs. You’ll burn crazy amounts of fat calories in a fraction of the time and get stronger. Also, you will reduce the chance of overuse injuries and achieve all of those potential goals listed above.
In addition to switching up the style of exercises you perform, here are a few other general pointers:
• Change it up! Doing the same routine over and over again is going to hinder progress and visible results.
• Make it a habit – you’re far better off exercising 3-4 days per week consistently.
• Fuel your performance – I’m not going to give you a nutrition lecture here, but be sure to get the right food or supplements into your body before and after your workouts
• Focus on your form ALWAYS for best results and to prevent injury!
• Make sure there is a strength component to your workout, as it provides the greatest overall benefits for the short and long term!
Here at Move Well Fitness, we love our semi-private training programs and so do our clients!
I’m curious…what’s your FAVORITE way to workout in a way that supports your goals? Let us know!