Better health is what a lot of people strive for. Whether it is weight loss, more energy or to get off certain medications, a lot of people want better health and they want it now! I think it’s one of the best decisions you can make for your body!
The problem for many is finding simple things they can do consistently that will get them the results they are looking for. Well, I’ve got you covered today! Here are my three recommendations for better health now that you can start doing right now!
Water Is King
Our bodies are made up of upwards of 60-65% water as adults. However, we lose water each day when we use the bathroom and perspire. As a result, we have to replace it. I recommend you drink more water because:
1. If you’re like the average American, you are probably not drinking enough of it. You should be drinking at least half your body weight in ounces.
2. Drinking water helps to balance our body’s fluids.
3. Drinking water curbs our appetite and helps with weight maintenance and weight loss.
Sleep is Underrated
If you are like me, it’s 10 pm at night and you’re surfing Facebook, working and watching the ball game all at the same time with no intention of going to be anytime soon.
Folks, if you want better health now, we need our sleep! The experts say we need at least 7-8 hrs. /sleep every night (including weekends). By not getting enough sleep, we are simple over-stressing every major system of our body and not allowing it to work at the pace it wants to.
Chew Longer, Eat Less
Now, if I had more time, I would really give you a book on nutrition! Since I have your attention for a short time, I will leave you with this:
- Whatever you’re eating (hopefully it is something like halibut, asparagus and wild rice), switch it to a smaller plate. Once you have it on a smaller plate, it must fit on the plate and you can only have more if 30 minutes has passed since you first started eating.
- Whatever you’re eating (hopefully it is something like quinoa, brussel sprouts and a sweet potato), eat it slower (a minimum of 30 chews) and put your utensils down after each bite. It should take you at least 15-20 minutes to finish each meal.
By doing the three things I mentioned above, you will be well on your way to better health now, weight loss and a very happy heart and digestive system! If you would like more help with better health now, please contact me now!